Hi guys! It’s time for another Top Ten Tuesday! TTT was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
Today’s topic for this particular Top Ten Tuesday are the reasons why I read the books I read. Now, ONTO THE LIST!!!
- Dragons! – how can you say no to dragons. I love dragons and I want to read all the books with dragons that I can.
- Food! – I love it when books are centered around foods, especially foods from different countries. My area of food interest is East Asia, Japan and China. Nothing from Korea yet, but I hope to find some soon!
- Epic fantasy! – I love fantasy and when it’s a huge series, that’s even better.
- Specific covers! – I love it when a cover catches my attention, because for me, that’s supposed to indicate a unique storyline. Sometimes it’s not, but sometimes it is!
- Broken faery tales! – I like it when faery tales are retold in a new light, or new point of view. Those are some of my favorite books.
- Booklr! – the book community on Tumblr is one of my favorites, because of how much people are talking about the newest books and it makes me want to read a certain book. Good job booklr!
- Book recommendations! – similar to booklr, just book recommendations in general will lead me to some of my favorite books.
- Friends/co-workers! – working in a library, I have a lot of friends/co-workers who also love to read. When they find a book, they then recommend said book to me and we all suffer in misery together because how can you not?!
- Book rivers! – if this sounds weird, I will explain. Book rivers are something my library does on their catalogue to put specific books that fit a similar theme on display. I have read quite a few amazing books because of the book rivers!
- Letter communication! – I love it when books are told through letters. It feels a very obscure genre(?) but it’s one of my favorites!
Why do you read books? What catches your attention to read a book? Comment below and let me know!