November 19, 2019 by TinyNavajo
Hi guys! It’s time for another Top Ten Tuesday! TTT was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This is a very reminiscent top ten today, but it’s been a while since 2010 and there has been a lot of changes since that year. So, here are my top ten changes since 2010!
- I graduated high school. Yep, my graduation year was 2010 and I actually graduated on my birthday. I joked that it was my high school’s birthday to me that I graduated on my birthday.
- Moved to Utah. As soon as I graduated, I wanted to move out and get started on my college life. I was weird, I liked going to school. I didn’t leave right away though, I did leave a few days before college started, but I moved out of state to go to college. I was excited to start living as a college student in a college apartment!
- Got married. Yep, I also got married. I actually got married in college. That was a HUGE change, but it has been one of the best changes in my life. I absolutely love my husband and all the support I have gotten from him.
- Graduated from college. I graduated from college with a degree in Anthropology. Not the most exciting degree, but it is a college degree. I’m actually the first in my family to go to college and receive my degree. Most definitely a big change.
- Moved to Oklahoma. This was a huge change as I have never lived in the Midwest. My husband is from the Midwest and it was a fantastic move for us.
- Started working in a library. Who would have thought that my first job outside of college would be in a library? Not me to be honest, but I am so glad to have gotten a job in a public library near me.
- Went to graduate school. I loved working in a library so much that I wanted to work full time as a librarian. Anyone growing up with me would know this, but I apparently didn’t until I started working in a library. So, I went to graduate school where I did distance education.
- Started this blog. This blog started with a tumblr blog online where I was briefly rating the books I was currently reading. As those started to grab some traction, I decided that I was going to start a full book review blog and now you’re reading it. That is a huge thing, especially for me, because this is just for me. I write because I want others to read the books that I enjoy as well.
- Graduated graduate school. That’s a weird sentence, but I did graduate with my Master is Library Science! YES! I am now one of the most educated people in both my family and my husband’s family, with both a bachelor’s and a master’s degree.
- I have a full time job in the career field I love! HALLELUJAH! You probably know what I feel like when I say I am so HAPPY to finally have a full time job in a library. Granted, it’s not quite a librarianship yet, but it is full time and I’m doing almost all the same things as a librarian in my system. So, I will say that this is a HUGE step forward and it’s one that I hope to keep my momentum going!
So, these are the ten biggest changes that have happened in my life since 2010. And it hasn’t even been 10 years…yet. We’ll just have to see what happens as the decade comes to a close and we come close to the ’20s once again. What have been some of the biggest changes of your since 2010? How have these changes affected your life? Comment below and let me know!