September 10, 2019 by TinyNavajo
Hi guys! It’s time for another Top Ten Tuesday! TTT was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
Today’s theme for Top Ten is about the books I’m avoiding on my TBR list. As I go through the books I’m avoiding, I will explain why I’m avoiding them, whether it’s because I want to save it for a different time, or the length is just too long, or it’s one that someone has recommended to me and it just doesn’t seem like a book that I would read just yet.
- The Black Prism by Brent Weeks. I have this book on my shelf and it is staring at me right now. I really have no idea as to why I have read it yet, other than it just hasn’t struck my fancy to read it just yet. I do I’ll get to it eventually, as it’s a fantasy magic system dealing with light and it sounds fantastic, so eventually!
- Food Wars! by Yuto Tsukuda. I have requested it to be order from my library because I’m just really interested in this and I want to read another manga series this year. So, literally just waiting for it to come in.
- Season of Storms by Andrzej Sapkowski. I just haven’t gotten around to reading this series. I should…I really really should, I even have the first one and the have plans to buy the rest to read them. I’m just lazy and haven’t gotten there yet.
- The Dinosaur Lords by Victor Mílan. I started this and I liked the idea of a world where dinosaurs and humans work together, but the one time I tried to start it, I couldn’t really get into it. So, it’s on my list for me to eventually try to read again.
- I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai. I really really need to read this one! It’s an important piece of literature and I just have been motivated enough to read it. And it’s on my shelf just staring at me.
- The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet by Bernie Su. Thanks to those who brought the video blogs of a modern day Lizzie Bennet on YouTube, her actual diary. I love Pride and Prejudice retellings and this one I got once the YouTube series came out…I just haven’t read it yet. I think it’s because it’s buried in all of my other ebooks so I don’t think about it as I can’t really see it.
- Ash and Quill by Rachel Caine. I have read the first two, I own the first two. I had borrowed this one from the library, as an ebook, so it just sat in my iPad where I didn’t really see it and it got returned without me reading it. So…I may need to borrow the physical book in order to read it.
This is really all that I want to think about at the moment, and my head hurts (thanks Summer cold…). So, what books are you avoiding on your TBR? Why are you avoiding them? Comment below and let me know!