August 13, 2019 by TinyNavajo
Hi guys! It’s time for another Top Ten Tuesday! TTT was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
Today’s theme for Top Ten is who book characters we would love to be besties with. Now, this isn’t something that I have actively thought of, but there are several that as soon as I read them, all I could think is “I love them and I want to be around them.” So, there are those automatics and those I have to think about but would still be my friends.
- Dorothea Duckfontein Dillworthy (a.k.a. Dotti). She is so stinkin’ adorable and wonderful and strong and when I first read Lord Brocktree I just wanted to jump right into the book and never leave her side again. She would be a great friend and I still think that whenever I read her book.
- Menolly from Dragonsong. She is also strong, but she is a girl who needs a friend as well. I would like to be her friend and her support.
- Shallan DaVar from the The Stormlight Archives. This is a girl who is smart and she knows how to figure out what needs to be done. I would love to have her as a friend so she can help me figure out my own life.
- Princess Cimorene from The Enchanted Forest Chronicles. I love this princess. She doesn’t want to be married to the first prince that offers for her hand, so she runs off and becomes a dragon’s princess. I love her!
- Alexia Tarabotti from the the Parasol Protectorate series. She is soulless and she is fricken’ fantastic and she has decided that since she doesn’t have a soul, she would teach herself how to be an upright member of society. I need her to come in and help me structure my own life.
- Andy Weir. He’s the astronaut that was left behind on Mars and I just want to know where he has gotten his strength and how to bolster my own strength.
- Elizabeth Bennet. She is the original homegirl and I just want to be her friend and watch her take over the world!
- Will from the Ranger’s Apprentice series. He’s amazing but he’s also still broken, but he still works to overcome all that he’s been told his whole life of being an orphan.
- Briar Moss from Circle of Magic series. He’s a boy thrust into a life he never expected and he grows to become better. He’s still sassy and harsh, but he softens to those he grows to love.
- Betty the Hippy Smidgen Thief. She’s seriously just so happy and I want her to be a light in my life.