July 30, 2019 by TinyNavajo
Hi guys! It’s time for another Top Ten Tuesday! TTT was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
Today’s Top Ten is a freebie, so I’m going to be picking what I want to talk about today and I want to talk about my top ten book quotes.
- “So she should not wish to undo the past but learn to accept its consequences, and remember that not all consequences were evil.” – Christina Henry
- “Cats were not, in her experience, an animal with much soul. Prosaic, practical little creatures as a general rule. It would not suit her very well to be thought catlike.” – Gail Carriger
- “There is more than one way to burn a book. And the world is full of people running about with lit matches.” – Ray Bradbury
- “Love shouldn’t hinge slowly on exposing your physical body to another person. Love was intangible. Universal. It was whatever someone wanted it to be and should be respected as such.” – Claire Kann
- “It was like with the elephants – he’s realized that while a shadowless’s magic was strong, a group of shadowless forgetting the same thing together was exponentially more powerful there was strength in the sharing.” – Peng Shepherd
- “We are readers. Books are an essential part of our lives and of our life stories. For us, reading isn’t just a hobby or a pastime; it’s a lifestyle.” – Anne Bogel
- “Bookshops are dreams built of wood and paper. They are time travel and escape and knowledge and power. They are simply put, the best of places.” – Jenn Campbell
- “She didn’t want to be left behind (and sure, they always come back), but they didn’t really expect her to wait around for them forever, right?” – Claire Kann
- “To belong to someone – I didn’t know it, but now that I think about it, it seems like that’s all I’ve ever wanted. To really be someone’s and to have them be mine.” – Jenny Han
- “You can’t protect him from being hurt, no matter what you do. Being vulnerable, letting people in, getting hurt…it’s all a part of being in love.” – Jenny Han
These are some of my favourite book quotes. They come from books I’ve read this past year or so and they are some of my favourite ones. I have a lot of favourite quotes, but these are ones that I have written down and easy access to. What are some of your favourite book quotes, or quotes about books? Comment below and let me know!