June 4, 2019 by TinyNavajo
Hi guys! It’s time for another Top Ten Tuesday! TTT was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week is about our top ten books from our favourite genre. I have two favourite genres that are held about same, science fiction and fantasy. For me, these are awesome areas and I have so many books that I want to talk about in these two genres.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. I love this fantasy book and it’s one where I truly wish I could travel into a book and just live there.
- The Martian by Andy Weir. I love the humour in this book. It’s easily become one of my favourites to listen to, especially when I don’t really have anything else to listen at the moment.
- A Natural History of Dragons by Marie Brennan. I love dragons and I love it when dragons are integrated into the natural world like any other creature. So good!!!
- Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik. I love this take on Rumplestiltskin and I love that it is centered on women and their actions really.
- Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson. I love this book and just about every book written by this man. The magic systems are great and they build a world alike and unalike as our own.
- Rakkety Tam by Brian Jacques. An audiobook that I love, about woodland creatures just living their lives and about good and evil fighting with good always winning. I need to listen to this one again.
- Troubled Waters by Sharon Shinn. This is an interesting book and one that lead to a series that I fell in love with. I also love the world that this series has created.
- Soulless by Gail Carriger. Another one of my favourite authors. She creates fantastic worlds of manners, magic, and supernatural creatures.
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling. I will always love these books.
- Blackbringer by Laini Taylor. While she has started a new series that deal with demons and magic, she started this series before it and I love this series! I truly wish that she would finish this series!