April 16, 2019 by TinyNavajo
Hi guys! It’s time for another Top Ten Tuesday! TTT was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
Today’s theme is top ten rainy day reads, thanks to That Artsy Reader Girl. While spring is coming to me, we did have one last burst of winter-ish weather this past weekend, and all day Saturday it just rained and rained and rained, and it blew and blew and blew. It meant a quieter day at the library, that was about all that was good about that drowning Saturday. My rainy day reads are books that I would want to curl up on my couch under a blanket and just read the day away. These are the books I would read:
- Whatever I am currently reading. That is generally what my rainy day reads are, because I’m always reading something, so I would read what I’m currently reading on a wonderful rainy day.
- The Martian audiobook. I tend to want to do something on rainy days, I think it’s because I want to rebel, so if I’m doing something I want to listen to a book and The Martian is an excellent book to listen to in my opinion.
- The Night Circus. Set majority in London, there are a lot of scenes that center around rainy weather and it just feels so nice to read about rainy weather while rainy weather is happening and I’m safe from the rain myself.
- Any book that has a lot of magic. I love it when books take me away from what’s going on in the real world and worlds that are magic based do that a lot better than any other books for me.
- A Natural History of Dragons. I love this alternative world where dragons are a part of everyday life and considered magnificent and dangerous animals, like the big cats of our world almost and it’s a fantastic series! I need to reread this series.
- Books centered around books, libraries, and bookshops. I have discovered a small niche of books that are centered around books and I absolutely love them! I need to find some more!
- Books that pull from other legends/mythologies/fairy tales. I have recently discovered a book genre that takes from Norse fairy tales and I love them. They aren’t generally pulled from when it comes to writing books and I love it, I truly hope more come out!
- I love AUs! Worlds that have one small twist different from our own, such as Dread Nation, where the Civil War brought the dead back to life completely changed the world as both sides sought to quell the dead instead of each other.
- Food books. I’ve started to also read more nonfiction books that are centered around food, specifically food from around the other countries. I love it and I’m really hoping I can find more that I truly love and makes me want to cook.
- Audiobooks in general. I love audiobooks, and sometimes I just want to go for a walk in the rain, and listen to something, so audiobooks are what I turn to when I want to go for a walk and just enjoy the weather.
I know that some of these are not specific books, but they are types of books that I’ll turn to when I want to just read the whole day way. What are some of your rainy day reads? Why are they considered rainy day reads? Comment below and let me know!