September 25, 2018 by TinyNavajo
Top Ten Books: That I Have on My Bookshelf
Hey guys! I’m trying something different today. I’m getting close to being caught up with my book reviews, and I need to add more types of post to this blog. So far, I’ve only done reviews, but I would like to add more of myself to this blog.
So, this Tuesday, I’m doing a Top Ten Books and I’m focusing on the books that are on my bookshelf as of right now. Onto the list!
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- This is one of the best worlds I have read about and I truly want to live in this world where the circus just appears out of nowhere. And now that autumn has arrived, it’s the perfect time of year to read this book!
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
- This is my favorite Harry Potter book. I love the Triwizard Tournament, the Quidditch World Cup, and just about everything else about this book. All of it is just wonderful.
- Dragonsong by Anne McCaffery
- The first book to get me interesting in Anne McCaffery and the world of Pern. I love the dragons, the world, and the how strong the main character is while she tries to figure out what to do with her life.
- The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson
- If you need a giant series, then you need to start off with this book! In the fantasic world of Roshar, there is so much going on but it is written and contained in such a way that you can’t help but keep reading to find out what happens next!
- Zombies, Run! by Naomie Alderman & Six to Start
- I have started using a running app called Zombies, Run! and this is an exercise/apocalyptic handbook that will help you survive the zombie apocalypse.
- I Will Always Write Back by Caitlin Alifirenka and Martin Ganda
- A nonfiction book about two children who become penpals throughout school and they become family the more they write to each other.
- The Emperor’s Soul by Brandon Sanderson
- Yes, another Brandon Sanderson book, but this one is a novella and the magic system used here is beautiful.
- Lord Brocktree by Brian Jacques
- One of my favorite books from my high school years and it’s one that I turn to when I need a small pick me up and a world to escape to.
- The Little French Bistro by Nina George
- A lovely translation, I love Nina George and the story she creates as she writes about seemingly everyday things and everyday life. But I think what I enjoy most about her books is that she says there is something to look forward, that life always gets better than what you’re at right now.
- Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine
- Books! And a world where the Library of Alexandria survived the fire that destroyed it in this world, we see that knowledge as power at the extreme. And when that knowledge is controlled, so is the power.
This is just a small sample of the books I have on my bookshelf, but they are all some of my favorite. Looking through it, I can actually see that I have a wide variety of tastes. Yes, the majority is fantasy, but I do have some others there. I have also written reviews on some of these, and I will eventually write reviews for the rest of them.
What are some of your top ten books? Why are they your top ten? Comment below and let me know!